Every year, we set goals and hit them.
2021 & 2022
One of our major accomplishments in 2021 & 2022 was being selected as a recipient of the City of Long Beach’s CARES award. With these funds, Advantage Health Now was able to offer culturally sensitive Health Equity Education to the Black Community. The Health Education through this grant funding was a year-long program that covers early detection, prevention, reducing vaccine hesitancy, and knowledge of trusted sources to help reduce misinformation and disinformation.
We were also a funded partner of the State of California. AHN Foundation was instrumental in providing health equity and inclusion within the Black community as it is related to vaccinations.
Uplift Our Local Community Awardee
- Increased our grant funding by 250%
- Participated in Long Beach Gives
- Alicia Coulter MPH, MSW Honoree: Uplift Our Local Community Award from the Tau Beta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.
Partnership with American heart association and inglewood active communities
We are hard at work to improve and enhance our work in the community
- Hired on as the Consultant Organization for Best Start (A First 5 Subsidiary) Let’s Learn Together Programming
- Completed community projects with high school students from Long Beach Unified School District to increase mental health awareness
- Culminated all COVID-19 grantee programming
Jumping into the conversation,
to make a difference.
- Started our health navigator class at LA Care
- Continued partnership growth with Best Start (A First 5 Subsidiary)
- Alicia Coulter, MPH, MSW: Keynote Speaker at Long Beach Health and Human Services Public Health Week Conference
- Funded for our largest grant yet from California Department Healthcare Services
- Funded partner of Best Start (A First 5 Subsidiary)
- Completed rebranding of our digital media
IN THE NEWS
Alicia Coulter, MPH, MSW on Black News Channel discussing Black and Brown communities and the need for equity and inclusion within the healthcare industry.